Reportbug is a tool designed to make the reporting of bugs in Debian and derived distributions relatively painless. Its features include:
* Integration with mutt and mh/nmh mail readers.
* Access to outstanding bug reports to make it easier to identify
whether problems have already been reported.
* Automatic checking for newer versions of packages.
* Optional automatic verification of integrity of packages via debsums.
* Support for following-up on outstanding reports.
* Optional PGP/GnuPG integration.
reportbug is designed to be used on systems with an installed mail transport agent, like exim or sendmail; however, you can edit the configuration file and send reports using any available mail server.
This package also includes the “querybts” script for browsing the Debian bug tracking system.
REPORTBUG IS MEANT FOR UBUNTU DEVELOPERS TO FORWARD BUGS TO DEBIAN. IF YOU WANT TO REPORT A BUG IN UBUNTU, PLEASE USE “ubuntu-bug” INSTEAD (from the “apport” package).