This package provides different tools for manipulating databases in the Berkeley v4.8 database format, and includes:
– db4.8_archive: write the pathnames of the log files no longer in use.
– db4.8_checkpoint: daemon process to monitor the database log and
checkpoint it periodically.
– db4.8_deadlock: traverse the database environment lock region and
abort lock requests when a deadlock is detected.
– db4.8_load: loads (and creates) a database from standard input.
– db4.8_dump: read a database file and write it in a format understood
– db4.8_printlog: dump log files in human readable format.
– db4.8_stat: display statistics for Berkeley DB environments.
– db4.8_upgrade: upgrades the version of files and the databases they
– db4.8_verify: check the structure of files and their databases.